Aware of and responding to one’s surroundings; awake. Having knowledge of something; aware.
What is a Conscious Clinician? The Conscious Clinician practices the integration of medicine utilizing culturally relevant engagement strategies that facilitate a safe level of patient comfort, agency, and autonomy during their clinical experience.
The Conscious Clinician Experience™ is a comprehensive, self-paced continuing education destination dedicated to helping clinicians authentically and respectfully connect with their patients and clients.
What You’ll Learn: Outcomes and Objectives
- Emphasize the importance of patient-provider communication in supporting health equity and improving health outcomes for diverse populations.
- Advance understanding and practice toward achieving culturally competent patient-provider communication.
- Understand evidence-based frameworks and approaches to strengthen patient-provider communications across cultures.
- Understand national population medicine standards relating to patient-provider communication.
- Describe the importance of patient-provider communication in the consumer experience.
- Identify provider perception challenges affecting patient intent to seek care and the care experience.
- Understand national standards for integrating equity into clinical practice.
- Describe the phases of context-appropriate patient-provider communication.
- Appraise strategies to support diverse patients and/or clients.
- Distinguish the stages of authentically connecting with patients.
- Examine actionable strategies toward achieving intercultural sensitivity.
- Identify key actions to elevate your patient relationships through cultural understanding.
What You’ll Get: Inside The Conscious Clinician Experience™
- The Conscious Clinician Experience™ (TCCE) Self-Paced Training Webinar
- TCCE Learning Guide
- TCCE Written Transcripts
- TCCE Journal & Notes Printable
- TCCE On-the-go Audio Version
- Access to The Conscious Clinician Community
Register for The Conscious Clinician Experience ™ below and you will immediately have access to the full training resources. Once you enter, please bookmark the content webpage for future use.
Dr. Jennifer J. Edwards is creator of Live Well, home of the Serve Well Institute. She is an impact strategist and applied health researcher passionate about women’s empowerment. She has focused her entire career on supporting social responsibility for national health non-profits and public entities. Jennifer has worked and consulted in public health in a variety of settings for the past 15 years. She serves as a reviewer for four national peer-reviewed health and healthcare journals, and has submitted public health testimony to the U.S. Congressional Record on behalf of a prior presidential appointee. Jennifer earned a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Health Communication & Culture from Howard University, Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Walden University, and Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, magna cum laude, from Florida A&M University. Connect with her on LinkedIn.
The Conscious Clinician Experience™ is a trademark of Upstream Population Health Ltd. Co., the company that owns Live Well Women’s Empowerment Brand™ and the Serve Well Institute ™ . Content may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed, downloaded or transferred in any form or by any means without Upstream’s prior written consent, and with express attribution to Upstream. Copyright infringement is a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties.
Photos: Rodnae, Tima Miroshnichenko, Fauxels